Presented by The Riddoch & Main Corner Complex, the International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival is a biennial event that celebrates the creation of Video Art and places special emphasis on innovative and ground-breaking artworks.
Video Art during and after the pandemic, is this year’s theme of the International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival, to be held from 6 November – 6 December 2020, at The Riddoch & Main Corner Complex, Mount Gambier, South Australia.
We encourage socially responsive works created by video artists. Our 2020 program will include an exhibition, conference, screenings, and workshops. We anticipate that the Festival will become a truly shared artistic space and international story-telling of solidarity and community well-being.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
The Riddoch invites Australian and international video artists to send us video works that convey how the global COVID-19 pandemic is affecting their lives and practice. As we are trying to understand the current situation, with many artists around the planet in lock-down or quarantine, facing the physical, psychological, and emotional effects, artists are undoubtedly coming up with creative solutions to the concerns and challenges caused by the COVID-19.
We are bound to be a transformed society after the crisis. We, therefore, invite you to share your video art stories, to address these issues! Many of these stories will be addressing various anxieties, worries, and economic strains. But, there are also optimistic stories, filled with humour, contemplation, solidarity, community mindfulness, compassion, and cheerfulness. They will have in common that they are all based on the lived experience of COVID-19. Some of them will be collaborative.
Submissions are now open and Australian and international video artists are invited to apply for a chance to win the following awards:
Grand Prize – $3,000
Best Limestone Coast Based Video Art – $1,500
Best Limestone Coast Based Video Art for young up-and-coming artists (under 26 years) – $1,500
NO ENTRY FEE
Deadline for submissions is 1 August 2020.
- Each artist (or group of artists) may only submit one work.
- Subject, contents and themes of the work must relate to this year’s theme of the International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival: VIDEO ART DURING AND AFTER THE PANDEMIC.
- The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
- Maximum duration of 8 minutes.
- Submissions of Video installations will not be accepted.
- Works completed before 1 January 2020 will not be accepted.
- Only finished works will be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway, the world’s #1 way to enter film festivals and creative contests. Click on the link below to submit your entry.
Please ensure the following information is included:
- A current CV/Biography, where you currently reside (country and state), and contact details.
- Details of the work: title, name of artist(s), synopsis of work, date of completion, run time (duration)
- Digital image of the work (300 dpi, jpg preferred).
- A link to view the work via YouTube, Vimeo or similar, or you provide a link to dropbox, we transfer, google drive etc. from which your work can be downloaded. If it is an internet based work, please include web address.
- Please include how this work should be displayed, i.e. what hardware and software it needs to run, what video format it is (i.e. AVI, MOV, MP4 etc.), aspect ratio (i.e. 4:3, 16:9 etc.) and any audio requirements.
Deadline for submissions is 1 August 2020.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering your work into the Festival you agree to the following terms & conditions:
- The participant authorises the International Limestone Coast Video Art Festival to exhibit the submitted work, in both a gallery space and an online environment.
- Only one person will be responsible for the registration form, even if the artwork was created by two or more artists. The collaborators should be indicated in the application, as well as the group’s name and corresponding biographies.
- You certify that you have full authorisation to enter the submitted artwork into this festival, and you certify that you have full authorisation to use the images and sounds submitted in this work.
- The works of art to be exhibited at the Festival will be selected by the Curator and the Selection Committee.
- The notification about the selection results will be sent to each participant through the e-mail address specified in the application and/or via the FilmFreeway portal.
- The participant will be the only person responsible for the authenticity of the supplied data, for the work’s authorship and content, being, therefore, the only liable person for such creations.
- The participants authorise the Organiser the use of image and sound display of their works in all activities connected to its events.
- If your project is selected for the festival you will be required to provide detailed instructions on how to install and play it as well as trouble shooting solutions.
- To be eligible for the Best Limestone Coast Based Video Art Prize you must reside in the Limestone Coast of South Australia.
- To be eligible for the Best Limestone Coast Based Video Art for young up-and-coming artists Prize you must reside in the Limestone Coast of South Australia and be under 26 years of age.
For additional information/questions please contact:
Serena Wong – Arts, Culture & Development Officer